Monday, April 11, 2011

week 6 discussion - Google Apps - Jacquie Bussen

I have made a class website with Google Sites due to this class motivating me to finally make a class website. My students and parents are using it to stay connected with daily announcements and homework updates. They are also accessing my delicious page from my class website to find sites and games from my tabs. https://sites.google.com/site/mrsbussensclass/

I have downloaded Google Earth to also use in my classroom. This will allow me to show my students places around the world using Google Earth on my 3-M board when we are discussing or reading about any place/topic. I am so excited to use this with my class.

I have heard a lot about Google Docs and can't wait to research this over the summer and sign up.

On a personal note, I stumbled across igoogle when playing around and customized my google homepage. It now has the following: date/time, calculator, cnn updates, youtube, baseball updates, scholastic teacher book wizard, and weather. It is all at my fingertips right on my igoogle homepage:)

No comments:

Post a Comment